What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name, address, contact number and email address.
What kinds of personal information does Tata Consumer collect?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a consumer, business customer, supplier, contractor, job applicant or in some other capacity.
For example, if you are a consumer, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and any other information you provide to us when you make an inquiry, request information, submit an order, enter a competition, respond to marketing, lodge a complaint or correspond with us. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a business customer, supplier, contractor or job applicant), we may collect your name and contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us. We may also collect details of the interactions that you have with us.
TATA CONSUMER will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise required or authorised by or under law to do so). Sensitive information includes health information and information about a person's race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations or a trade union, religious beliefs and criminal history.
If you are or become an employee of TATA CONSUMER, the handling of your personal information may be exempt from the Australian Privacy Principles if it is directly related to your current or former employment relationship with us.
How does TATA CONSUMER collect personal information?
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including from you directly (such as when you interact with us in writing, electronically or by telephone), when you visit and communicate with us through our websites or social media sites (including the teapigs Australia website and social media pages) or when you participate in a competition or promotion run by us. TATA CONSUMER also collects personal information on occasion from commercial data lists.
Sometimes, we may collect your personal information from third parties, for example:
- marketing agencies that we may engage to administer our social media sites, competitions, promotions, surveys, product sampling, consumer, or product focus groups; and our business partners to whom you have provided your personal information.
Why does TATA CONSUMER collect personal information?
TATA CONSUMER collects personal information for a range of purposes, including:
- to process product orders submitted by you, communicate with you about those orders, and process payments and refunds;
- to respond to your inquiries and provide you with information about, or samples of, our products;
- if you enter one of our competitions or promotions, to administer your participation in that competition or promotion;
- if you choose to participate in a survey, consumer or product focus group or product sampling activity that we conduct, to register and administer your participation in that activity;
- to undertake, with your consent, other promotional activities such as providing information about special events;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support, and to deal with any complaints or feedback you have;
- to conduct research and development;
- for internal market analysis, such as identification of trends and measuring the amount of traffic to our websites;
- to improve the design of our websites;
- to deliver target advertising and coupons;
- to build our contact database; and
- to manage our relationships with our business customers, suppliers and contractors; and
We may use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
If TATA CONSUMER is unable to collect personal information from or about you, we may not be able to respond to your inquiries or requests or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Will Tata Consumer share my personal details/ data with the third party?
We take our responsibility to protect your privacy very seriously. That is why we promise to never release your personal information to any third-party company for their mailing or marketing purposes when you make a purchase on our website, or sign-up for Tata Consumer marketing.
What happens to my data if I do not participate in any activities?We will automatically unsubscribe you from all marketing communication if we have not seen any engagement from you for 16 months. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails, or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your unsubscribe request processed straightaway.