There's something undeniably captivating about pancakes that makes them a beloved breakfast staple around the globe. From their golden, fluffy texture to their enticing aroma, pancakes are simply irresistible and comforting.
They also bring people together, fostering cherished moments with family and friends. So, whether you're reminiscing about childhood pancake breakfasts or savouring the delectable taste, one thing is certain — pancakes are always enjoyable.
That makes a pancake recipe an essential addition to any culinary repertoire. We understand your quest for a reliable go-to pancake recipe and rest assured, this easy pancake recipe will satisfy your cravings.
what are pancakes?
Pancakes are the quintessential brekkie delight that you can't resist. The fluffy golden rounds are cooked to perfection with a pancake recipe that's easy as pie—just mix your basic ingredients and cook on a hot griddle.
Once you’ve mastered how to make pancakes, your indulgence can always fall back on your best pancake recipe.
how to make pancakes?
In this quick guide, we'll share an easy pancake recipe that’ll have you flipping your way to fluffy breakfast delights. Get ready to learn how to make pancakes like a pro, from mixing the batter to creating golden perfection on the griddle.
total servings: 12
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
nutritional value (rough estimate per serving): 126 calories, 3g fat, 19g carbs, 4g protein
category of the recipe: breakfast/snack
- Non-stick frying pan
- Ice-cream or cookie scoop
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, fresh berries or your favourite toppings (optional)
Step 1: First off, grab a big mixing bowl and crack in the eggs. Now, give them a good whisk until they're all nice and frothy. Pour in the milk, vanilla extract and melted butter and whisk them all together until it's a smooth mixture.
Step 2: Time to sift in the plain flour. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt also. Go ahead and stir to make sure all the ingredients are just combined. Just remember that we’ve to avoid overmixing.
Step 3: Grab a non-stick frying pan and place it on medium heat. Give a light coat of butter or oil to the pan’s surface. Let the pan heat up. Then grab a ladle or scoop and use it to scoop out the batter onto the pan. This part may seem tricky, but it’s not - just form a round shape by gently pressing and spreading the batter slightly.
Step 4: Cook the pancake until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then carefully flip it over with a spatula. Let it cook for a bit. When it's golden brown on both sides, remove from the pan. Make more pancakes with the rest of the batter.
Step 5: Stack those golden pancakes on a plate. Now they’re ready to be topped off with a drizzle of maple syrup or some fresh berries if you fancy. Serve them piping hot.
This pancake recipe should make around 12 to 14 pancakes.
secret tips and tricks to make the best pancake recipe
Now that you know how to make pancakes from the easy pancake recipe, it’s time to check out some top-secret tips and tricks. These will help you take your pancake recipe to the next level.
- Start by whisking the wet ingredients first. Give them a good mix until you spot those delightful bubbles forming. Once that's done, it's time to incorporate the dry ingredients of your pancake recipe. This approach works well as it helps blend the fat and water in the pancake recipe batter. So, remember, wet ingredients first, then dry, and you'll be on your way to creating the best pancake recipe.
- When it comes to dolloping your batter, opt for a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop. Say goodbye to guesswork in your pancake recipe as these scoops ensure uniform sizes for all your pancakes. And if you're craving larger pancakes, a muffin scoop will do the trick splendidly.
- Timing is crucial when it comes to flipping pancakes. As soon as the batter hits the sizzling griddle, the pancake begins to rise, and those tiny bubbles form its structure. Avoid flipping too early and allow the pancake to fully rise and let the structure set.
- Consider giving your griddle temperature a slight boost if you like thinner pancakes. By increasing the heat, you'll achieve a quicker cooking time that helps these pancakes retain their moist and tender texture.
- When it comes to mixing the batter, remember not to go overboard. You want to bring the pancake recipe batter together until just combined. Over-mixing is a big no-no as it can result in excessive gluten development, leading to tough and chewy pancakes. And that’s not expected from the best pancake recipe!
how to store the leftover pancakes?
When it comes to storing leftover pancakes, there are a few handy tips to keep them fresh and delicious.
Firstly, let those pancakes get to room temperature. Once cooled, stack them up. But to prevent sticking, be sure to place sheets of non-stick paper between each one. Chuck them into an airtight container and refrigerate. Even sealable plastic bags may be used. These usually last for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply pop them in the toaster, warm them in a skillet, or briefly microwave them until they're heated properly. With proper storage and quick reheating, your leftover pancakes will taste just as scrumptious as when they were freshly made.
In conclusion, with this easy pancake recipe, you're ready to begin your journey into the pancake world. Once you've mastered the basics, it's time to explore the enticing realms of other varieties like the buckwheat pancakes.
Armed with secret tips and tricks, you'll achieve pancake perfection every time. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the griddle and get ready to flip some pancakes that'll make everyone's mouth water. Embrace the joy of creating stacks of golden goodness and savour the satisfaction of mastering the art of pancake-making.
faq's on pancakes recipe
Q. how to make pancakes at home?
A. Whip up homemade pancakes with ease:
- Whisk eggs alone, then whisk with milk, vanilla extract and butter
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined
- Cook on a hot griddle
- Flip when bubbles form
And voila! Perfectly golden pancakes are ready to be enjoyed with your favourite toppings.
Q. what makes pancakes fluffier?
A. Your pancake recipe can achieve fluffier pancakes by incorporating ingredients that promote airiness. Adding baking powder to the pancake recipe batter acts as a leavening agent, creating bubbles that make the pancakes light and airy. Additionally, avoid overmixing the dry and wet ingredients of your pancake recipe.
Q. what can I add to the pancake mix for flavour?
A. For an extra burst of flavour in your pancake recipe, you can get creative with add-ins. You can add a dash of vanilla extract or cinnamon for a delightful twist. You may also try mixing in a handful of blueberries or chocolate chips into the pancake recipe batter. The options are endless for customizing your pancake recipe.
Q. is it better to cook pancakes with butter or oil?
A. When it comes to a pancake recipe, both butter and oil do the job. They have their unique advantages though. Butter adds a rich flavour and creates a slightly crisp exterior while oil lets you heat at a higher temperature without smoking. The result is also more consistent with oil. So, choose based on your preference for taste and texture.